Friday, February 1, 2008



This has been a pretty busy week for our family. I had lots that I learned at the jetBlue University and of course we test at the end of every week. Boy am I glad that this week is over. I have two more weeks of training and there is still lots to learn.




Jim was called to serve in the Young Men's program as an assistant to the Scout Master and an Deacon Assistant Advisor. So that means that Jim will be at the church house on Tuesdays with the Young Men and at camp outs and stuff. Jim is pretty excited about this calling especially since Christian will become a deacon in March. I think Christian is pretty excited to have his dad in the Young Men's program with him too. Jim really likes the scouting program, so this is exciting for him to be working with Christian.



Some really neat news...Alec is going to the Davis County District Science Fair at the end of this month. His science project is on Electromagnetic Levitation. His was the coolest project at his school. The science teacher told us that she had to babysit his project all day because there were so many kids around it. Alec had some hands on stuff that the kids could do, and I think that is one of the reason's his project was so popular. We will see how popular his project is with the High School AP kids. If you call the house make sure to talk to Alec and ask him about his project.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great "First Edition" Blog. It's great for us grand-parents living 700+ miles away -- we can keep track of what all the Matlock's are doing. That's a nice looking project Alec -- maybe Dad or Mom can get some more pictures of you, particularly when you go to District. How bout some pix of Rayanne, Christian, and Kirstyn.

Celeste -- that's a great idea putting in recipes -- you've got some great ones.

It's raining cats and dogs here, today, and is supposed to get really windy. That's okay -- the Super Bowl, and all activities will be on for the afternoon.

Can't wait for your next "writing".

Grandpa T.